Alumni Day is Oct. 6
Events include the installation of Dean Lisa Withrow, the Mount Alumni Awards Luncheon, and a discussion of Seminary Hill Farm and ecotheology.
All alumni – as well as current and former Methesco students, faculty and staff – are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to celebrate, learn and connect.
Alumni Day will begin with a presentation and discussion of MTSO’s commitment to sustainability and ecotheology. You’ll hear about Seminary Hill Farm and other ways the school honors this commitment in the classroom and elsewhere on campus. At lunch, enjoy a delicious meal featuring food from our farm as the latest Mount Alumni Award recipients are honored. The afternoon features the installation of Lisa Withrow as dean in a ceremony preceded by Joshua Brodbeck’s organ prelude and followed by a reception in Dean Withrow’s honor.
In addition to the day’s events, a Cokesbury representative will be present. You’ll have the opportunity to browse the Cokesbury display and place orders.
Alumni Day features events from 10:30 a.m. to around 3:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 6, just as fall colors begin to appear on the canopy of trees gracing the MTSO campus. All events are being presented at no cost to guests, though we ask you to help us plan by completing a short RSVP form.
- 10:30 a.m. – More than the Farm: Ecotheology at MTSO: MTSO faculty members Tim Van Meter and Tim Eberhart will discuss the ways we are embracing sustainability at Seminary Hill Farm, in the classroom, in Dunn Dining Hall and beyond.
- 11:45 a.m. – The John and Ruth Mount Alumni Awards for Distinguished Service will be presented at a luncheon in Dunn Dining Hall. Congratulations to this year’s honorees: April Blaine (M.Div. ’09), lead pastor of Summit on 16th United Methodist Church in Columbus, and Roy Mitchell (M.Div. ’05), chaplain and director of church relations at Columbia College in Columbia, S.C. The Mount Awards meal will feature artfully presented food from Seminary Hill Farm.
- 1:30 p.m. – Joshua Brodbeck Organ Prelude: MTSO’s organist in residence will present a stirring musical introduction to the installation of Lisa Withrow as dean.
- 2 p.m. – Installation of Lisa R. Withrow as Dean of MTSO: This academic ceremony will include an address from Dean Withrow.
- Following the ceremony – Reception for Dean Withrow: Congratulate the new dean and enjoy refreshments before heading home.
See you Oct. 6.