The information and forms on this page will aid you in the registration process. Course schedules are located on the main registrar page.
Registration for J-Term 2018 / Spring 2018 will take place from Monday, October 16 to Wednesday, November 15.
Each student enrolled in a certificate or degree program is assigned a faculty advisor who is a full-time member of the teaching faculty or the Office of the Dean. The relationship between student and faculty advisor is considered central to the educational experience at MTSO. Faculty advisors assist students with planning their programs, identifying resources for further consultation, and formally approving course selections. While students are required to meet their faculty advisors on only a few occasions each year, faculty members are always willing to schedule additional appointments with students.
Returning students should confer with their Faculty Advisors in order to discuss course selections. The Faculty Advisor will then remove the registration lock on Populi permitting the student to register for courses. New students who have not yet been assigned a Faculty Advisor should contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance on first-semester course selection.
- The first step in the registration process is to schedule an appointment (which does not necessarily have to be face to face) with your Faculty Advisor.
- In preparation for your meeting, it is helpful to review your degree requirements and look over the published course schedules (both of which can be found at www.mtso.edu/academics/registrar) in order to surface any questions and develop a preliminary schedule.
- Your Faculty Advisor will unlock your registration once you have discussed your course plan.
- Login in to Populi and navigate to the Registration Tab.
- Select the appropriate term from the drop down menu. The full list of courses will display for the requested term.
- Select your courses by clicking the green plus sign under the left Enroll column.
- Note that courses will display a locked status if they have a pre-requisite which you have not yet met.
- The right Audit column can be used to select courses for audit.
- Course you add will be listed under the My Courses section at the top of the page.
- Click SAVE at the upper right corner of the tab. If you do not click save before leaving this page, your course selections will not be retained.
In the event you wish to take a course pass/fail, email your faculty advisor for approval, copying email@example.com. Once approval is given, your grading option will be changed to Pass/Fail.
Registration priority is determined by seniority (class standing). Although your course selections or waitlist requests will immediately display in Populi, seniority will override course registration order in the event that any classes exceed their maximum enrollment. If you are on a waitlist, you will be notified via email if/when seats become available.
Pay attention to the published add, drop, and refund dates before making any changes to your schedule through the Registration Tab.
Application to audit a course (for non-admitted students)
Cross Registration Opportunities
Payne Theological Seminary (PTS) in Wilberforce, OH
Pontifical College Josephinum (PCJ) in Columbus, OH
Trinity Lutheran Seminary (TLS) in Columbus, OH
United Theological Seminary (UTS) in Dayton, OH
If you wish to cross-register for one or more courses at Payne Theological Seminary, Pontifical College Josephinum, Trinity Lutheran Seminary at Capital University, or United Theological Seminary (excludes online courses), email your faculty advisor for approval, copying firstname.lastname@example.org. Once approval is given, we will confirm the availability of the course in question and complete the cross-registration process on your behalf.
For questions related to course scheduling, degree audits, or registration, contact Registrar Lee Richards at email@example.com.