When employment opportunities arise at MTSO, they are posted in this space.
Seminary Hill Farm Apprentice
Term: March 14-Nov. 4, 2016
Seminary Hill Farm is a certified organic farm in greater Columbus, located on the campus of Methodist Theological School in Ohio. We currently grow for our campus dining hall, CSA and local farmers’ markets. We grow in two passive solar hoop houses and 4.5 acres of field production.
Apprentices will participate in all aspects of day-to-day farm work, including but not limited to:
- Tractor work
- Drip irrigation
- CSA distribution
- Farmers’ market
- High school education, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions.
- Mindful of the safety of self and others.
Apprentices will receive a weekly stipend, housing and food as outlined below:
- $185-per-week stipend and an additional $25-per-week bonus to be paid at the conclusion of the season (bonus only applicable if the season is completed).
- On-campus studio apartment (includes utilities, Internet and cable; taxes apply).
- Free meals from the dining hall, when it is in operation (lunch), and a free CSA share during the course of the CSA.
- Apprentices can expect to work 40-50 hours per week with some weekends and evening hours required.
- These apprenticeships require an individual to be able to work long days, lift 50-plus pounds, and kneel, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
If you are interested in beginning a rewarding career in small-scale agriculture please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.