When employment opportunities arise at MTSO, they are posted in this space.
Coordinator for Academic Affairs
Supervisor: Academic Dean and Director of Academic Affairs/Registrar
Department: Academic Affairs
Education: B.A. required.
Experience: Substantive work experience in an educational setting preferred; previous work experience in a higher education setting with learning management systems desired.
Personal characteristics: Excellent organizational and communication skills. Excellent interpersonal relations skills. Reliability. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with absolute discretion and integrity. Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and function well with limited supervision. Attentive to detail. Collaborative work style. High levels of self-awareness and intercultural competence. Awareness of MTSO’s ethos. Understanding of and commitment to MTSO’s mission. Experience using database software and Microsoft Office.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
The Coordinator for Academic Affairs will work with the Academic Dean, Director of Academic Affairs and Registrar, Director of Student Services, and designated academic and student program directors to coordinate support for academic programs at MTSO.
Sampling of specific duties:
• Coordinates databases and record-tracking for the Dean’s office, including student information for Dean, Director of Academic Affairs/Registrar, Director of Student Services, and academic programs and degrees (cross cultural, MACM, MAPT, Field Education, D.Min., Educational Technology, MTS, non-Field Education-related internships).
• Coordinates Dean’s and Registrar’s calendar and academic program/committee meeting scheduling.
• Manages phone and e-mail communication.
• Serves on Retention Team.
• Posts meeting materials.
• Connects with Academic Program Coordinator for Course of Study and Division Chairs as requested.
• Handles communication as requested by the Dean and Director of Academic Affairs/Registrar.
• Provides back-up coverage for Registrar.
• Attends meetings/takes minutes as requested.
• Coordinates travel arrangements, external meeting hosting (with the events coordinator), guests to MTSO and hospitality as requested by the Dean’s office.
• Supervises student workers relating to faculty and Director of Student Services – secretarial requests.
• Aids incoming students regarding tracking degree requirements and navigating Populi for student records.
• Manages office supplies and faculty workroom supplies.
• Provides hospitality for visitors and meetings as needed.
• Posts social media messages and reminders (MTSO Facebook, Populi (LMS), other internal media outlets).
• Maintains Populi (LMS), pages related to the Dean’s and Director of Academic Affairs/Registrar’s offices.
• Processes invoices, expense reports, deposits.
• Maintains academic calendar.
• Assists Director of Academic Affairs/Registrar, specifically:
1. processes all address changes, transcript requests, and enrollment verifications, data entry, specialization changes, advisor changes, pass/fail forms, denominational release forms.
2. schedules courses in classrooms in coordination with other offices (particularly Course of Study, Theological Commons, and event planning).
3. maintains academic files for all matriculated students, retains these files after students’ last date of attendance in accordance with institutional record retention policy.
4. assist with preparing and distributing registration materials.
5. takes identification pictures and produces student identification cards at each new student orientation session, uploading and saving student photos as part of student records.
6. manages mid-program review – tracking, scanning, filing, follow-up with faculty and students.
7. manages denominational release forms process – tracking, data entry, filing, follow-up.
8. keeps catalogs and schedule information stocked.
9. manages annual file archiving.
10. coordinates scanning projects.
11. proofreads catalogs, schedules, reports.
12. provides monthly enrollment reports to the National Student Clearinghouse.
13. manages course book lists with faculty.
14. manages student course attendance – tracking, follow-up with faculty.
15. manages graduation application process as well as cap and gown ordering process.
16. manages filing, copying, shredding.
Hours: This is a full-time, exempt, salaried, administrative staff position.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Jan. 18, 2016. No phone calls please.