When opportunities to work with us at MTSO become available, they will be posted here.
SUPERVISOR: Dean and Vice President for Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs
QUALIFICATIONS: Proven record of accomplishment and accountability for registrar scheduling and degree program activities, data interpretation, government reporting, and performance metrics. Planning and data base experience. Follows all state and federal educational regulations. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to relate to diverse groups of people. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated worker and a strong team player.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: The Registrar is a critical member of the Academic Affairs department and is responsible for supporting student success via enrollment, academic planning for degree programs in conjunction with the Dean and faculty, and teamwork with others in the department for student retention, information sessions and faculty support. The Registrar serves as a school representative and exhibits the integral role played by the Academic Affairs department in maintaining and strengthening the academic excellence of the school.
Essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Co-supervise the Coordinator of Academic Affairs with the Dean.
- Coordinate processes and programming with directors and point persons for MACM, cross-cultural program, MAPT, MTS and other non-M.Div. programs.
- Share administration of the D.Min. degree with the Dean.
- Oversee course scheduling for all degree programs and tracks via student information system (Populi).
- Inform and provide information to academic advisors about changes in academic program tracking/degree curricula/specialization details.
- Create academic advising forums for students each semester for general overview of tracks and requirements for degree programs.
- Invite adjuncts as necessary, after consultation with the Dean (Dean will correspond with new adjuncts); track contracts and contract terms per semester with the Coordinator for Academic Affairs.
- Create academic advising overview forums for new students.
- Train adjunct instructors regarding expectations, protocols, and timelines.
- Attend Educational Technology Committee meetings as necessary.
- Participate in student retention planning in conjunction with Dean, Director of Student Services, Director of Student Aid, Director of Admissions, and Director of Vocational Discernment.
- Contribute to self-study and re-accreditation documents as appropriate.
- Participate in Academic Affairs office area coordinating meetings on weekly basis.
- Consult with the Dean regarding scheduling, faculty load, course offerings, catalog.
- Consult with other Academic Affairs staff as needed about overall Academic Affairs issues.
- Attend Academic Affairs faculty committee (with vote).
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (OR PREFERRED):
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a student services related field with at least 4 years of progressive admissions and higher education experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a theological school as registrar preferred.
- Must have staff management experience.
- Excellent organizational, oral/written, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with senior administrators and be a collaborative decision maker.
- Ability to use discretionary judgment.
- Ability to present to small and large groups.
- Ability to work independently, meet critical deadlines and enrollment targets, while prioritizing a heavy workload, under pressure and competing assignments.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Successful candidates must have an understanding of the enrollment issues facing seminaries and higher education institutions.
TO APPLY: Attach resume and list of three professional references. Include a statement about what the candidate has learned about work as registrar in another institution (500-600 words). Email all documents to Grace Welch, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.