When opportunities to work with us at MTSO become available, they will be posted here.
Seminary Hill Farm Apprentice Program
March 4, 2019-Nov. 15, 2019
Start and end dates are somewhat flexible
Seminary Hill Farm is a market-style farm located on the campus of Methodist Theological School in Ohio, in Greater Columbus. We currently grow food for our campus dining hall, community-supported agriculture (CSA) program and local farmers’ markets. We grow in two passive solar hoop houses, 13 caterpillar tunnels and 10 acres of field production.
Apprentices will participate in all of the aspects of day-to-day farm work, including but not limited to:
- Tractor work
- Drip irrigation
- CSA distribution
- Farmers’ market
- High school education, GED or equivalent work experience.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions.
- Mindfulness regarding the safety of self and others.
Apprentices will receive a weekly stipend, housing and food as outlined below:
- $185 per week stipend and an additional $25 per week bonus to be paid at the conclusion of the season. (Bonus applicable only if the season is completed.)
- On-campus studio or one-bedroom apartment, including utilities, internet and cable. Taxes apply.
- Free meals from the dining hall when it is in operation (lunch), and a free CSA share during the course of the CSA.
- Apprentices can expect to work 40-50 hours per week with some weekend and evening hours required.
- These apprenticeships require an individual to work long days, lift 50-plus pounds, and kneel, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- More information can be found at seminaryhillfarm.org or facebook.com/seminaryhillfarm.
If you are interested in beginning a rewarding career in small-scale agriculture, please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.