When opportunities to work with us at MTSO become available, they will be posted here.
Purpose: To develop and lead worship at MTSO, with attention to multicultural leadership and content, consistent with MTSO’s values and mission.
Supervisor: Interim Dean
Department: Academic Affairs
Qualifications: Degree in music, emphasis on church music preferred; experience in worship and music leadership (5 years or more preferred); dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative.
- Organize, coordinate, and motivate worship leaders and musicians for the 9-month school year
- Perform with minimal or no supervision
- Provide leadership for special worship services
- Offer workshops and training events in worship as need is determined
- Develop worship services from several culturally contextual Christian/ecumenical traditions
- Develop worship services from many musical styles (hymns, contemporary praise, taizè, world music etc.)
- Collaborate with the all constituents involved in worship planning (faculty, administration, students)
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and list of three references to Amanda Rodenborg, coordinator for academic affairs, by July 21, 2017.
We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
Questions: Contact Valerie Bridgeman, interim dean.