March 16, 23 and 30, and April 6
Schooler Institute on Preaching
Conversations on Preaching in a Unique Time
The world has changed dramatically – as have preaching and worship – since MTSO hosted the last Schooler Institute on Preaching in early March of 2020. The 2022 Schooler Institute will live in that reality and explore what it means to lead meaningful worship in our current climate.
Under a unique virtual format, MTSO President Jay Rundell will host a series of conversations with alumni serving in a variety of church contexts.
Schooler participants are invited to gather online from 3 to 4:15 p.m. Eastern over four Wednesdays – March 16, 23 and 30, and April 6 – to hear Rundell and the panels discuss how the events of the past two years have shaped their sermons, their worship services and the congregations they lead. They will discuss what was lost, what was gained and what will never be the same, along with theological insights and changes to their sense of vocation.
Schedule and registration
Thanks to the generosity of the Schooler Family Foundation, the Schooler Institute is offered to the public without cost. If you wish to support MTSO's Seminary Scholarship Fund, we welcome your gift.
To attend, follow the Zoom registration links for each of the four sessions. Registration will remain open until the start of each session.
- Nathan Adams (M.Div. '09), lead pastor of Park Hill United Methodist Church in Denver
- Colleen Ogle (MTS '85, M.Div. '87), senior pastor of Bexley United Methodist Church
- Chris George (D.Min. '15), pastor of Smoke Rise Baptist Church in Stone Mountain, Georgia
- Grace Imathiu (M.Div. '87), senior pastor of First United Methodist Church in Evanston, Illinois
- Andy Call (M.Div. '13), lead pastor of Church of the Saviour United Methodist Church in Cleveland
- TaNikka Sheppard (M.Div. '10), executive pastor of the Fountain Church in Miami Gardens, Florida
- Emanuel Cleaver III (M.Div. '99), senior pastor of St. James United Methodist Church in Kansas City
- Kathy Dwyer (M.Div. '98), senior pastor of Rock Spring Congregational United Church of Christ in Arlington, Virginia
The Schooler Institute offers 0.5 continuing education units for a $25 processing fee. To qualify for CEU credit, you must attend all four sessions in their entirety. CEU certificates will be sent following the April 6 session.
Apply for CEU credit here: