Scholarships for New Students
We offer exceptionally generous scholarships, up to full tuition plus stipends. Aid is available for full- and part-time students.
- If you have a 3.0 or higher undergraduate GPA, you may be eligible to receive a full-tuition scholarship.
- If you are a United Methodist certified candidate for ministry, you are eligible to receive a full-tuition scholarship.
- In addition to receiving MTSO scholarships, many students successfully apply for scholarship funding from their denominations. United Methodist students are encouraged to explore options from the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry and the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation.
Among our premier scholarships:
- The Harding Scholarships: Full tuition plus $10,000 annual stipend.
- The Alford Scholarships: Full tuition plus $2,000 annual stipend.
You don't need to apply separately for an MTSO merit-based scholarship. As an admissions applicant, you will be considered for scholarships based on information provided on your application. You will be evaluated based on your academic achievement, leadership in the church and community, and potential for ministry.