Application for Doctor of Ministry
Our application process helps us ensure that you and the others in your cohort benefit from a top-quality D.Min. experience. New cohorts of D.Min. students begin each July. The application due date for July matriculation is May 15.
New D.Min. cohorts begin coursework each July. The application due date for July matriculation is May 15. This application process helps us ensure that you and the others in your cohort benefit from a top-quality D.Min. experience.
Applicants for doctoral study at MTSO must have earned an M.Div. or its educational equivalent from an accredited institution with a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). They must also have a minimum of three years of professional ministry experience and current engagement in formal ministry.
MTSO doesn’t offer D.Min. scholarships. Clergy within the West Ohio Conference of the United Methodist Church may apply for the West Ohio Conference Alford-Cantlin Fellows program, which includes some scholarship funding.
Note to prospective international students: Because those enrolled in the MTSO Doctor of Ministry program attend half-time rather than full-time, D.Min. students are ineligible for the United States’ F-1 student visas, which require full-time enrollment.
If you have any questions concerning your application for admission or about MTSO, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 800-333-6876 or D.Min. Director Dr. Fulgence Nyengele at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-362-3446. We look forward to assisting you throughout this journey and hope to welcome you to the MTSO community in the near future.
- You don't need to complete the entire application in one sitting. Your application answers are automatically saved when you fill them in, and you will be emailed a link to access your application whenever you want to work on it.
- For notification purposes and timely updates about your application, please opt in to text messaging as you begin the application.
- When you're ready for us to review your application, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Submit Application."
- An admissions counselor will be in touch with you within one week after receiving your completed application.
- Summer 2022 applicants can submit housing applications now.