The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III), found in Section 2003 of and the American Rescue Plan (ARP), includes funding to institutions of higher education for emergency financial aid grants to students. Methodist Theological School in Ohio (MTSO) received funding from the ARP to assist students. Students who met a specific set of criteria based on guidance from the U.S. Department of Education received a portion of these emergency funds.
This report provides details on the award MTSO received under the HEERF III ARP, for the emergency financial aid grants to students.
- MTSO has signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has and/or intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. MTSO agrees to the extension of this agreement to cover the American Rescue Plan.
- The total amount of funds MTSO received from the Department pursuant to the Institution’s Certification and Agreement (for) emergency financial aid grants is $46,306.
- The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to students under Section 2003(a)(1) of the ARP as of June 2, 2021, is $50,400.
- The estimated total number of students at MTSO eligible to eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 2003(a)(1) of the ARP is 103.
- The total number of students who received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 2003 (a)(1) of the ARP is 103.
- The method(s) used by MTSO to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 2003(a)(1) of the ARP is available here.
- MTSO sent a letter to all eligible students via email to their school email addresses on May 28, 2021. The letter may be reviewed here.
- MTSO sent checks to all eligible students on June 2, 2021, accompanied by a letter explaining the check. The letter may be reviewed here.
- This is MTSO’s final quarterly posting and it covers all remaining HEERF III fund expenditures for ARP tranche of Student Portion funds. Posted June 24, 2021.