The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II), found in Section 314 of and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA), includes funding to institutions of higher education for emergency financial aid grants to students. Methodist Theological School in Ohio (MTSO) received funding from the CRRSAA to assist students. Students who met a specific set of criteria based on guidance from the U.S. Department of Education received a portion of these emergency funds.
This report provides details on the award MTSO received under the HEERF CRRSAA, for the emergency financial aid grants to students.
- MTSO has signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has and/or intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. MTSO agrees to the extension of this agreement to cover the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act.
- The total amount of funds MTSO received from the Department pursuant to the Institution’s Certification and Agreement (for) emergency financial aid grants is $18,768.
- The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA as of March 18, 2021, is $22,050.
- The estimated total number of students at MTSO eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA Act is 61.
- The total number of students who received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 314 (a)(1) of the CRRSAA is 40.
- The method(s) used by MTSO to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA is available here.
- MTSO sent a letter to all eligible students via email to their school email addresses and hard copy to their home mailing addresses on February 26, 2021. The letter may be reviewed here.
- MTSO sent checks to all eligible students on March 18, 2021, accompanied by a letter explaining the check. The letter may be reviewed here.
- This is MTSO’s final quarterly posting and it covers all remaining HEERF fund expenditures for CRRSA Act tranche of Student Portion funds. Posted June 24, 2021.