Master of Divinity Degree
In a complex and rapidly changing world, you’ll want an M.Div. degree tailored to your unique path.
As it always has, MTSO’s Master of Divinity program provides excellent preparation for parish ministry. Now, though, it offers unprecedented opportunities to discern the shape of your vocation and design your own custom curriculum. You’ll have the flexibility to pursue such goals as ordination, community ministry and doctoral studies. Whichever path you choose, you’ll develop the skills to understand, appreciate and interpret our Christian heritage so it becomes a compelling vision for the present and future.
Talk with an admissions counselor about MTSO and the M.Div. degree. Email or call 800-333-6876.
M.Div. degree requirements
Within the M.Div. program, we offer seven optional specializations around focal areas of modern ministry. Each specialization requires 12 semester hours of selected classes within the 86 hours required for the M.Div. degree.
- Biblical Languages and Texts
- Black Church and African Diaspora Studies
- Ecology and Justice
- Feminist and Womanist Studies
- Interreligious Contexts
- Unitarian Universalist Studies
- Youth and Young Adult Ministry
M.Div. course scheduling
Too many aspiring Christian leaders are torn by a difficult choice between a quality graduate program and a fast, affordable one. For them, we provide two distinct pathways to a Master of Divinity degree, each with different scheduling options:
- The Connections Pathway offers busy students MTSO’s unique combination of on-campus and online learning. M.Div. students on the Connections Pathway are on campus only one day per week, earning their degree in as few as 33 months.
- The Traditional Pathway offers students the flexibility to choose from weekday, weekend, intensive, and hybrid courses, completing the M.Div. in as few as 33 months.
- Students can also complete the M.Div. degree in four years by spreading out the courses in either the Connections format or by using a combination of course delivery formats.